Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lighten' Up

I know, people, hold on to your biscuits ... this is my SECOND post in one week! Don't get too excited, but I just felt inspired again! So this is my first "Lighten' Up" post where I will share fun and random foodie things with a healthy lifestyle twist!

One of my favorite Bible verses is 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

This is the Amplified Version:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20: Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.

If my body is the temple where the very Spirit of God resides, then I ought to be mindful of what I put into it, how I take care of it (i.e. exercise) and so on! Now that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy an occasional piece of Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, but I am always mindful of overall health and wellness as a lifestyle!

That said, here's my lighten up tip for today: Salt and Vinegar Baked Potato!! I have an affinity for Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips, but in trying to "honor my temple" I'm trying to be more mindful of fried intake. So this is one of my favorite substitutions! Easy peasy — just get yourself one of those microwavable baked potatoes, cook it according to the instructions, top it with a little Smart Balance Light (with Omegas) ... or a little butter if you've been really good all day ... and sprinkle it with salt and a vinegar of your choice. Personally, I think white vinegar is the most "chip" tasting, but I also like malt and apple cider for this too! There you have it ... voila! Perfect healthy alternative to your salt and vinegar craving! ENJOY!

Sorry I didn't take a picture of my potato tonight. So instead, here are random follow-up pictures from yesterday ... Moriah wanted in on the "Home Girl" action:


In my next "Lighten' Up" post, stay tuned for my new favorite "antioxidant" snack! Super yummy ... and I took a picture of this one!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...she is so flipping cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not going to believe this but just last night JoJo and I were trying to come up with a home made salt and vinegar chip with our own real potatoes. He really likes them, too! We're gonna try this! And tell Moriah Papaya that she looks great as a Home Girl! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is GORGEOUS.... but i hate salt and vinegar ;-), so i'm glad you took her pic instead!

    ReplyDelete