Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Under the weather, but still finishing strong!

This one is a struggle for me. I'm under the weather ... not up to par ... any way you slice it, I'm sick. It's not so much the sickness that's the problem as the TIMING of the sickness. I had big plans to finish out 2008 with the longest run of my life (which is only 10 miles, but still, a lot for me)! Unfortunately, the goal will not be met ... I'll be fortunate if any mileage is logged tomorrow whether on foot, wheels or water. So here I sit forced to look back on this year and instead reflect on what I DID accomplish — 3 triathlons, 2 first-place in age category finishes and the most amazing athletic accomplishments of my life!

That's big ... especially for a girl who never really had much athletic ability growing up ... and certainly worthy of excitement. Flat tires and all, what an amazing journey! Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS, again I say REJOICE! If you know me, you know I'm passionate ... about life, about living healthy and strong, about growing spiritually in everything I physically do! So no doubt, I'm carrying a heavy disappointment in not accomplishing my year-end goal, but there is no way I'm going to neglect to celebrate the spiritual and physical journey that led me closer to the Lord than I've ever been before! He taught me great lessons this year on the important of endurance ... in all areas of my life! This entire year has been an amazing ride, run and swim for His glory!

Next year, even bigger ... even better ... even BRIGHTER for Him! This year, just thankful ... I did finish strong ... just not in December, but rather in OCTOBER! :o)

Hebrews 10:35-36 ~ Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised!

4 comments:

  1. YAY look at you blog!! Go Sara Go!!! I'll get you addicted to this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late. I'm turning into an addict on all fronts! HAHA!! Thanks for visiting my blog! Stay tuned ... fun stuff in January including my "Go Green" column! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome year!!! You certainly did finish strong!!! Looking forward to the January blogs!!! I figured it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. truly what an incredible year... sorry you missed out on the grand finale, but maybe a good way of focusing on what was good, right? i know it is easy for me to remember what i want to forget about the past year, not the good stuff! you are amazing, God is amazing..... and not to be trivial here, but you LOOK amazing too. more than ever, i am wishing we were neighbors... maybe you would motivate me! hahaha! best wishes and blessings for 2009, dear! and keep blogging, i am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete